Thanks so much to Eve for nominating me for the Liebster award! I’m so honored she considers my blog worth your time!
For the Liebster, I must answer Eve’s questions and then make up some of my own for other bloggers to answer—other bloggers whose blogs I think are worth checking out.
So without further delay, let me answer some questions!
1.How important do you think it is to network with other writers?
I’m not super in that sphere at the moment, although I hope to be one day, but I think networking in general is pretty important. It’s always good to have connections. You never know who’s gonna be able to help you out or with what. Plus, it never hurts to make more friends. 😉
2. Do you ever read books more than once? Which ones?
YES. Books that I absolutely love and feel are worth the time to re-read. I’d read them again and again.
3. What’s the scariest or most challenging thing for you about writing?
Hmmm…I think writing things that other people would actually care to read. There’s stuff I could write for myself, but when I write things I want to share, I don’t want people to get bored. I want them to actually be interested in what I have to say, and I struggle with that sometimes.
4. What is the most amazing thing about writing?
Ahh. The way sometimes my ideas can flow into words and others can understand exactly what I was thinking through the words they were reading. It’s amazing.
5. Where is your favorite place to write?
Anywhere! If I get some inspiration randomly, I’ll start scribbling things down.
6. When’s your best time of day to write? Why?
Haha, I have no idea. I’m always awake it feels like and my days are so different I can’t pick such a time.
7. What are three of your favorite words?
Oooh. Conundrum, plethora, indubitably
8. What’s one thing that would tell you you’ve “made it” as a writer?
If someone distinguished or whose writing I quite admired thoroughly enjoyed mine.
9. In terms of writing or reading, what’s the best thing anyone could say to you right now?
You’re not going to lose your skills just because you don’t have the time to invest as much as you’d like to right now.
10. Do you have any rituals, superstitions, or preferences related to writing or editing?
Not really, lol.
11. In the face of all the rejection that comes with being a writer, what advice would you give to someone to help them stay on a path toward achieving their dreams?
Don’t actually worry about what a few people say. Take constructive criticism to heart and keep working to improve your skills and incorporate your own style. And in the end just remember whatever you have is your own work so take it up with a smile.
And now I have some questions of my own.
- What made you start blogging?
- How often do you write?
- What inspires you to write?
- Name a guilty pleasure of yours.
- What’s your biggest fear when it comes to writing?
- What’s your favorite movie?
And the bloggers I’d like to nominate are…
Jess – Jess is just starting out on WordPress, so welcome her to the community!